Where other companies are happy to sell standard builds of bikes pre-built by robots in some anonymous factory, we're proud to offer a custom service. We know that getting our hands on the bike and doing it the old fashioned way guarantees quality. We think this is the best way to ensure you get the right bike for you, and you can be sure that the bike has been fully built and checked by an expert.
From Box to Bike
Once your order is placed, your bike is hand-built by Cytech trained technicians in our Sheffield workshop. Your bike is fully built, checked and signed off before being dispatched in a custom-made bike box. We keep you informed every step of the way..
How to order a bike
- Choose the bike you want to buy from the 'Bikes' section of the website. If you'd like any advice please feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to talk you through the options.
- Choose your size on the Bike page. Select your size using the drop-down menu. For advice on choosing the right size, see the 'Geometry' tab below the bike picture.
- Choose your color using the drop-down menu.
- The stock level will now be displayed. If your choice of size and color is in stock, that's great - you can proceed with an order. If it is not in stock, don't worry, you can request to be emailed when it comes back into stock - or you may wish to choose another colour that is in stock!
- Click 'Add to Basket' if you're happy with the standard build options. We carefully select the most popular components for the standard build so if you don't have any special requirements, just order the bike as it is.
- Click 'Customize' if you would like to make changes to the bike build. This will prompt the Bike-Builder section to appear. Work your way down the list of options and when you're satisfied that your custom bike is complete, click 'Add to Basket'.
- Click 'Checkout' when you have finished compiling your order. This will take you through to the checkout process.
- Your order is confirmed by email once complete.
What happens next?
Remember that your bike will be built to order, which is a good thing. It does mean that we won't ship your bike immediately, but we know from our long experience that it will be worth the little extra wait. We will keep you informed every step of the way so you know when your new bike being built.
- We contact you once your bike is planned into our build schedule. At this point we will give you a bike build (birth!) date.
- Your bike is built in its entirety by an experienced technician.
- We contact you to confirm that the bike will be shipped or is ready for pickup.
- Your bike is shipped via our trusted courier service.
- Aftercare starts - we like to contact customers a short while after their bike has been delivered to ensure everything is well.